WITH government departments still sending Melbourne workers to the Border amid the coronavirus crisis, patience is wearing thin.
The member for Benambra, Bill Tilley, has sought urgent support from the Victorian government.
"I'm calling on government departments to stop sending seconded staff and others to regional offices, particularly those impacted by additional restrictions imposed on Border movements," he said.
"In an age where we have modern telecommunications there can be little justification for regional visits from people coming out of a Stage 3 lockdown zone."
IN OTHER CORONAVIRUS NEWS:
It follows revelations the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) hosted a Melbourne worker in its Wodonga office last week.
"A Melbourne-based third-party project manager attended the DELWP Wodonga office on Tuesday, 21 July; all current DHHS health requirements were followed," a DELWP spokesperson said.
"Only two local staff were present at the time of the visit who followed all physical distancing and hygiene protocols."
Wodonga police said the Melbourne resident had a travel exemption.
Our COVID-19 news articles relating to public health and safety are free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.