The wait is almost over for netballers north of the border with the Albury Indoor Netball Association commencing its season two competition this weekend.
Players in the under-9 and under-11 competitions will return to the Lauren Jackson Sports Centre on Saturday, with senior ladies commencing on Sunday.
A lack of numbers in under-13's and under-15's due to strict border closure measures has put their season on hold for now.
AINA treasurer Leah Merlin said nominations are still being taken for these age groups for a competition at a later date.
ALSO IN SPORT:
"A lot of our teams are Trinity teams, and because that school used to be on both sides of the border, a lot of those kids are Victorian," Merlin said.
"It's cut all of those teams out which is disappointing, but we're still able to run some form of competition which is good."
Due to COVID-19 restrictions no spectators will be permitted at the senior ladies games.
The competition is set to become one of the first back for the Border after COVID-19 fears wiped out the Ovens and Murray, Tallangatta and District and Hume league netball seasons.
The indoor netball competition only saw five games earlier this season before it was called off.
Merlin said any players who played in season one will have court fees waved, while new players will have theirs halved.
Anyone interested in nominating a team for the indoor competition can contact the Albury Indoor Netball Association Facebook page.