NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has said she will not change the state's border policies with South Australia despite a "highly concerning" coronavirus outbreak in Adelaide.
Ms Berejiklian said NSW would not follow other states that had closed their borders to SA or Adelaide after a cluster of new infections grew to 17 people on Monday.
"We are confident that our border position remains in place, that we accept citizens from all states, including Victoria from next Monday," Ms Berejiklian said.
"Of course, it's an evolving situation and if that changes, we'll act, but at this stage NSW has no intention of changing our border policies."
Ms Berejiklian said the new cases in Adelaide reinforced how quickly the virus could spread and that the important factor was how health services responded to an outbreak.
"We are confident that if that happened in NSW, we'd get on top of it, and that similarly, South Australian authorities are getting on top of it, and that's our understanding from health officials in NSW," she said.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Ms Berejiklian said 7000 tests had been completed in NSW in the previous 24 hours and there had been no new "locally acquired" infections.
SA Premier Steven Marshall said his state would reintroduce health restrictions for the next two weeks in response to the new cases in Adelaide and inbound international flights to that city have been cancelled.
Queensland, Tasmania, Western Australia and the Northern Territory have placed restrictions on inbound travellers from SA.
NSW is planning to open its border with Victoria on November 23 and all states and territories except WA have agreed to a federal proposal to open their borders by Christmas.