Tennis stars and support staff currently quarantining in Adelaide will be subject to South Australia's strict coronavirus measures should any test positive ahead of an event later this month, Premier Steven Marshall says.
A host of the world's leading players, including Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Naomi Osaka and Serena Williams, flew into Adelaide last week ahead of a one-day exhibition tournament at Memorial Drive on January 29.
They are all in hotel quarantine and have special arrangements in place to allow them to train over the next two weeks.
Premier Steven Marshall says there's no suggestion any of the players or their support crews have tested positive at this stage.
But he says if they do, they will be moved to Adelaide's dedicated COVID-19 facility along with other active infections.
"There is very tight scrutiny around the people who have come into South Australia," Mr Marshall said on Sunday.
"We have very strict protocols in place in regard to anybody infected with the coronavirus.
"The reality is, it would be impossible for somebody who has contracted this disease to be out and about in public.
"We would have to have them very securely supervised, there would be no more training for them."
The premier's comments came after almost 50 players who flew into Melbourne were confined to hotel rooms for two weeks after three people tested positive for COVID-19.
SA reported no new virus cases on Sunday and currently has just 11 active infections, all returned travellers in quarantine.
From Sunday the state also eased travel restrictions for people coming from the Greater Brisbane area, removing the need for them to self-isolate for 14 days.
However, if they come to SA before Wednesday this week they will still be required to have three virus tests, on days one, five and 12.
SA still has restrictions in place for people travelling from Greater Sydney, the Central Coast and the Wollongong regions with people from there not allowed into the state unless they secure an exemption or are an essential worker.
Mr Marshall said South Australia would continue to look for 14 days of no community transmission before lifting those measures.
Australian Associated Press