Stock & Land Beef Week, now in its 30th year, will run from Wednesday January 27 to Wednesday February 3 involving 150 properties in south-east Australia with 30 breeds on display.
According to Beef Week director Geoff Phillips, the event provides a critical service to the beef cattle industry by showcasing the genetics seedstock producers have available, and providing commercial producers with the opportunity of selecting from some of the nation's leading seedstock herds.
"Unfortunately many field days and shows were forced to cancel in 2020, but Beef Week 2021 will go ahead with Coronavirus safeguards observed by participation studs," he said.
"South-east Australia is home for many of the nation's foremost herds in the British and European breeds and during Beef Week they either sell bulls or have bulls on display that will be auctioned at upcoming autumn on-property or multi-vendor sales."
Beef Week opens with Day 1 in the western Riverina and works south then east through Victoria, ending with Day 8 in the eastern Riverina.
Over 5000 bulls will be on display and studmasters will be available to answer queries and give advice.
Beef Week days for 2021 are:
- Day 1, Wednesday January 27 - Western Riverina/Goulburn Valley
- Day 2, Thursday January 28 - Western District (west)
- Day 3, Friday January 29 - Western District (east)
- Day 4, Saturday January 30 - Central Victoria
- Day 5, Sunday January 31 - West Gippsland
- Day 6, Monday February 1 - East Gippsland
- Day 7, Tuesday February 2 - North East Victoria
- Day 8, Wednesday February 3 - Eastern Riverina
For more details visit beefweek.com.au.
But first, have a read here about some of the stud properties in this special liftout where you will also find a handy map and program in the centre.