South Australian Premier Steven Marshall has confirmed all international flights into the state have been paused for at least three days.
Mr Marshall wrote to Prime Minister Scott Morrison late last week asking for the pause following the "very worrying" situation in India.
The premier said India's second wave had been "devastating", with more than 300,000 new coronavirus infections reported daily.
"We haven't had any flights into South Australia on Sunday, Monday and today and we'll look at that situation before we take any new flights in the future," Mr Marshall told reporters on Tuesday.
South Australia recorded one new COVID-19 case, following 14 new cases on Monday.
All 15 acquired their infection overseas and have been in the central Adelaide-based Tom's Court medi-hotel, which has 91 room available, along with their close contacts.
"We don't want to see it going above that sort of 30-mark," Mr Marshall said on Monday.
"That would trigger us to continuing to have discussions with the Commonwealth."
Australian Associated Press