A candle has sparked the latest in a string of Border house fires, with the incident leaving a Lavington home uninhabitable.
Firefighters were called to the Condon Street unit about 7.05pm on Tuesday.
A candle caused curtains to catch alight in the front of the home and spread.
Fire and Rescue NSW Inspector Frank Finlay said the blaze caused significant damage.
"The two occupants self evacuated," he said.
"When firefighters arrived they were confronted with a working fire in the front bedroom.
"Crews were on scene for about two hours and quickly knocked down the fire."
Extensive damage could be seen at the front of the home.
Nobody was injured during the incident, which involved about 12 firefighters.
Damage was visible throughout the home.
The blaze followed a house fire on Glenly Street in North Albury about 3am on Sunday.
Police are investigating the cause of the incident but believe an electrical fault sparked the fire.
A clothes dryer also sparked a blaze at a Corowa home about 9.30pm on Sunday and caused extensive damage.
An open fire also sparked a house fire at a Holbrook home on Saturday after a log fell out.
Chimney fires have also been reported in Albury homes on George Street on June 17 and a Lindsay Avenue house on June 13.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Inspector Finlay said there were steps people could take to protect their homes, including using smoke alarms.
"This is a timely reminder for this time of year to keep candles well away from curtains," he said.
"The Border area has had a run of house fires this week.
"We're asking occupants to be vigilant this time of year.
"When drying clothes in front of heaters, we say keep them a metre from the heater.
"People should also ensure the lint in clothes dryers are cleared each time they're used."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.