Hume league officials are leaving no stone unturned before making a final call on the fate of its finals series.
The league was still seeking clarification on Friday whether it could apply to play under rules in the Public Health Order before making a decision.
The slim hope of a finals series commencing seemed over on Thursday after NSW deputy premier John Barilaro confirmed an 80 per cent double vaccination rate would need to be achieved for community sport to resume.
However, the government also issued a release stating up to 500 people can attend ticketed and seated outdoor events.
AFL NSW-ACT's community football manager, for regional NSW and ACT, Marc Geppert, said they will wait to see whether the soon-to-be-released Public Health Order's major recreational facility provisions would include community sport.
"We still have clubs and leagues who are willing to explore other opportunities," Geppert said.
"AFL NSW-ACT is currently working with the NSW government's Office of Sport to understand what's going to be in the Public Health Order.
"Until we see what's in the Public Health Order we don't know what the impacts are on community sport yet, and more specifically if community sport can apply for the major recreational facility provision.
"As people would know we applied to play under that last year for our AFL Riverina Championship finals series.
"We're looking at whether or not we can apply for ticketed events, controlled seating and those type of things. We don't have that clarity."
Hume league president Brendan I'Anson said the league would make a final decision on the fate of its season over the weekend.
"We have come this far and we want to exhaust every possible avenue before we officially call the season off," he said.
"Yes, it will now take a minor miracle for finals to go ahead.
"But it doesn't cause any harm waiting an extra day or two before we make an official decision."
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.