With the first Ashes Test less than two weeks away, what better time to hear from an Englishman playing Down Under?
Ross Dixon explains why he chose to come to Albury in the first place and how he fell in love with not only his future wife - a relationship which was the worst-kept secret around - but also with life on the border.
Find out why Dixon's debut in senior cricket prompted his Mum to start yelling obscenities at his Dad and which T20 World Cup star he rubbed shoulders with in the English county scene.
There are great memories from the Australia v England match which took place at Noreuil Park the day before Dixon's wedding, although he revealed his nose was almost broken by one of the players he's still doing battle with in the provincial competition.
NEW TO THE PODCAST? LISTEN BACK:
- How Dean Heta broke out of the 'too hard basket'
- Lauren Jackson's 'brutal' high school experience
- Finding love again after tragic losses - Jarryd Hatton's story
- Bridget Cassar on an era of netball dominance
- Buckley or Malthouse? Ben Reid takes us inside Collingwood
- How Lindy Burgess-Singleton bounced back from rock-bottom
We examine the challenge of playing in different conditions on either side of the world and hear why captaining Albury has brought the best out of Dixon as a player and a leader.
Plus, the all-important question: Vegemite or Marmite?
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: