An Albury mother-of-two has been warned she is at serious risk of going to jail for repeatedly driving when banned.
Leah O'Connor has pleaded guilty to a second offence of driving while disqualified, making it the third time in recent months where she's been caught out on the roads without a licence.
Albury Local Court magistrate Tony Murray told the 26-year-old the charge was so serious that it was not "going to be dealt with today".
IN OTHER NEWS:
"She's at some risk of going to jail," Mr Murray said, on ordering a sentence assessment report.
Defence lawyer Mitchell Brooks told the court O'Connor was pulled over by police as she was taking her children, aged nine and four, to the dentist.
She knew she shouldn't have been behind the wheel, he said.
Mr Murray, addressing O'Connor, made clear again the dire predicament she had placed herself in through her decision to drive.
"Ma'am, these are really serious matters that bring you to the court today," he said.
"This is a blatant disregard of the current laws in NSW."
Police told the court how O'Connor was driving a Victorian-registered Holden Commodore north along David Street, Albury, on November 18 about 9.30am.
She was stopped a short time later for a preliminary breath test and a licence check.
O'Connor provided a negative result to the breath test.
Police then asked her if she had a licence.
"No," she said, "I don't have one. It's suspended."
The officer then did a check related to her Victorian licence and discovered she was a P2 licence holder, though this had been cancelled since August 15.
She was also disqualified from driving for three months in Albury Local Court on October 11 for driving while disqualified on August 31.
Sentencing was adjourned to February.
"Please," Mr Murray told O'Connor, "if you are tempted to drive between now and February 14, don't."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.