A man arrested in a Lavington backyard shed after allegedly holding police at bay with a machete repeatedly mouthed the words "love you" to his co-accused from a court dock on Monday afternoon.
Paul Jon Rudd, 40, was fronting Albury Local Court on nine charges relating to the siege on Saturday night, as well as several drug supply matters.
A couple of hours after a handcuffed Rudd was escorted back to the cells by NSW Corrective Services officers, his partner, Kim Nicole Rudd, had her moment in front of magistrate Rodney Brender.
But the 48-year-old had already been granted police bail and so will remain at liberty until she and Rudd's matters return to court on September 30.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Earlier, Albury police's Detective Inspector Winston Woodward revealed that nobody had been injured during the siege, which began at a house in Jason Court about 7pm.
Both of the accused, he said, were taken to Albury hospital for treatment after the siege ended around midnight.
They were charged on Sunday.
Paul Rudd is facing four counts of take part in the supply of a small and indictable quantity of a prohibited drug, possess unauthorised firearm, a strictly indictable charge of use an offensive weapon in company to prevent detention, use offensive weapon to prevent detention, possess ammunition without holding a permit and possess a prohibited drug.
Kim Rudd was charged with the same strictly indictable matter of use an offensive weapon in company to prevent detention.
Defence lawyer Sue Robey said there were several "show cause" reasons as to why Paul Rudd's continued detention was justified.
She said Kim Rudd "has some significant health issues he's helping her to deal with" and that Rudd himself wanted to pursue treatment for suspected cancer.
But Mr Brender said these were not sufficient reasons to allow a bail application to go ahead.
"This involves nine charges, some very serious,
Mr Brender highlighted police allegations that Paul Rudd was "threatening to shoot at police" and told them he was armed and was lying on the floor with a knife."
PREVIOUSLY: A man and woman will appear in Albury court on Monday following an armed siege in Lavington on Saturday night.
Police said the pair were released from hospital about 10.30am on Sunday and taken to Albury police station.
The 40-year-old man was arrested and charged with take part supply prohibited drug (x 4), use offensive weapon in company to prevent detention (x 2), possess ammunition without holding a licence, possess prohibited drug, and possess unauthorised firearm.
He was refused bail to appear at Albury Local Court on Monday.
The 48-year-old woman was arrested and charged with use offensive weapon in company to prevent detention.
She was granted conditional bail to appear at Albury Local Court on Monday.
EARLIER: A man is under police guard at Albury hospital following an armed siege in Lavington on Saturday night.
Police attended a home on Jason Court, off Griffith Road, on Saturday about 7pm.
The officers had planned to speak to a 40-year-old man as part of an investigation into drug supply matters.
They found him inside a shed at the rear of the property with a 48-year-old woman and he threatened the officers.
Heavily armed tactical officers and negotiators were called in and a perimeter was established around the home.
The 40-year-old remained inside the shed for hours as police tried to speak to him.
The woman left the shed about 11.40pm without incident.
She was handcuffed and led away by police, before being taken to Albury hospital.
Police had fears for the man's welfare and entered the shed about midnight.
They found him armed with a machete and arrested him, with four officers removing him from the property onto a nature strip.
A replica M4 Carbine .22 semi-automatic rifle and ammunition were recovered during a search.
The man was uninjured but was strapped to an ambulance bed before being taken to hospital.
He was under police guard on Sunday, and required treatment for suspected drug use.
A police spokeswoman said officers would speak to the man "regarding a number of offences".
Despite the commotion in the street, most residents said they slept through the ordeal.
One neighbour said he thought the man was intoxicated or suffering mental health issues.
He only realised what was occurring when he checked Facebook on Saturday night.
"There were at least a dozen cops out the front of the house with paramedics and police vans," he said.
"There aren't usually dramas here.
"It's usually pretty quiet."
A 19-year-old man wanted for serious firearms offences was arrested after climbing into the roof of a home on Orton Place on May 8.
Police had set up a perimeter and used negotiators to resolve the matter without incident.