A Victorian teenager returning from Sydney who tested positive for COVID-19 dined at Oliver's in Gundagai.
Murrumbidgee Local Health District says a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 stopped at Oliver's Restaurant on the Hume Highway on Friday, December 18.
If you were at this location between 5.30pm to 6.05pm you are considered a casual contact.
Anyone who attended this venue at the specified time is considered a casual contact and must get tested and isolate until they receive a negative test result.
They should continue to monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and if any symptoms occur, get tested again.
Symptoms to monitor for include:
Testing clinics are available in Gundagai.
There were eight new cases in NSW today, and one new case in Victoria.
Chief Health Officer Kerry Chant said the positive case and their family were at the takeaway food outlet in the afternoon on "Wednesday, December 18", however the 18th of December was last Friday.
"We had notified to us last night a case in a returning Victorian resident," she said.
"It's pleasing to see that case was self-isolating and I can confirm that the family have been self-isolating in Sydney and have tested negative to date, but are following all of the rules required.
"The family stopped at Oliver's Real Food Outlet at Gundagai mid-to-late afternoon.
"So advice will be going out to the community in Gundagai who may have also accessed that food outlet."
The list of exposure sites on the NSW Health website is yet to list details for the outlet.
The case was mentioned in the Victorian COVID-19 health update, with interviews taking place last night to determine the teenager's movements.
Victorian COVID-19 response commander Jeroen Weimar was asked if it was a fuel stop or a dine-in.
"My understanding is [it was] a brief stop," he said.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Health Minister Martin Foley said NSW Health would have further details, and originally was not aware of the town's name.
The young person travelled home from Sydney with their parent and began isolating in Melbourne.
"[There are] not stops that we know of in Victoria and we're working through all of those details," Mr Foley said.
"My understanding is the young person had family connections to the Northern beaches area and had been exposed to multiple high-risk exposure sites.
"Then having returned to Victoria with her carer, her parent, the family was alerted through material ... and acted on it."
"[She] got home on the 17th, late, and was tested on the 20th [of December]."
These dates do not align with the information provided by Dr Chant in the daily update and The Border Mail is seeking clarification.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said an announcement would be made tomorrow about potential restrictions for Greater Sydney.
"There's no reason for us at all to consider any changes to what's happening in regional communities," she said.
"Suffice to say, it's apparent to us, if you left the Northern beaches from the 10th of December and you are in a community anywhere in NSW, you should be in self-isolation."
NSW Chief Health Officer Kerry Chant said as of 8pm last night, there were eight locally acquired cases, seven linked to the known cluster and one under investigation.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.