Border businesses have been feeling the impacts of the Victorian lockdown, with accommodation providers losing up to 75 per cent of customers.
The Siesta Resort on Wagga Road was nearly empty at the weekend after being close to full a week before.
Lake Hume Resort manager Werner Eenink said the NSW business relied heavily on Victorian trade, with last week's lockdown announcement leading to a string of cancellations.
"COVID has hit the business pretty hard, it's hit the whole industry," he said.
"Lockdowns make being a Border business quite hard."
The Victorian government announced a $250 million support package on Sunday, with businesses including cafes, hotels and restaurants able to apply for grants of $2500.
Licensed venues can apply for $3500 grants.
IN OTHER NEWS
But business leader Tim Farrah said for many employers, that money would barely cover a week of wages.
"The NSW government has set the gold standard by only locking down areas affected and at immediate risk," he said.
"The rest of the state can then get on with business.
"Our members are incredibly frustrated.
"It's like Victoria is still learning from it.
"We're approaching 18 months of dealing with this and they're still not getting it right.
"When are they going to learn the lesson?"
Acting Premier James Merlino said while forcing businesses to shut wasn't easy, the move would keep people safe.
Mr Farrah urged the Victorian government to adopt the systems and methods used in NSW.
Victorians in the Border bubble are able to enter NSW, but those who have been in a close contact venue or casual contact venue must be tested and follow isolation rules.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.