A Corryong resident accused of shooting at another man in the town’s main street in a dispute over a woman has been rearrested after allegedly being caught with ammunition in his car.
He was arrested and his car seized before being released on bail.
Bullet holes suspected of being from a different shooting were found in the seized vehicle.
He was again arrested by Operations Response Unit officers in the main street on Wednesday afternoon.
A search of his car found .308 or .303 bullets in a pillowcase, which are of a different calibre to the ammunition suspected of being used in the shooting.
That has led to police concerns that two guns may be unaccounted for.
The weapon allegedly used in the shooting earlier this month has not been recovered.
Francioli was with his brother when he was arrested on Wednesday.
His brother was released but Francioli fronted the Wodonga Magistrates Court on Thursday and Friday.
Leading Senior Constable Wayne Taylor said police opposed his release.
“There are certainly concerns in relation to the safety of members of the public,” he said.
The court heard Francioli and the victim had arranged to meet in the main street.
A witness allegedly saw a gun pointing from his car at the victim, which followed the man as he fled, with two shots fired.
Francioli’s car and clothes will be examined for gunshot residue.
He did not comment during a police interview.
He told the court he was now living in Mount Beauty and was caring for six children.
“I never went out of me way to hurt people or any of that type of thing,” the 34-year-old said in a calm and polite voice.
“What I’ve been doing is everything possible … to keep me and my family safe.
“I just want you to know I’m not out to harm anyone.”
Francioli told the court he would “do anything” to be released, including checking in with police three times a day, and had stopped speaking to the woman at the centre of the dispute.
“I’ve done everything I can do … it’s not fair your honour … I’ll do anything,” he said.
“I’ll stay out of Corryong even though I own a property there.
“I’ll abandon it.”
Magistrate Peter Mithen said he was “really concerned” firearms were still outstanding and that Francioli would fail to return.
He was denied bail on Thursday and Friday and will return Monday.